Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Quantum Radar Wi-Fi Pair to 2 MFDs
03-30-18, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-18 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Quantum Radar Wi-Fi Pair to 2 MFDs
JP,

Q1. It's also inconvenient, forcing the MFD paired to always be ON. On a sailboat energy consumption is key.
A1. As indicated within my initial response, Quantum radomes are not designed to simultaneously paired with more than one MFD. However, should the MFD which is presently paired to the Quantum radome be switched OFF, power to the Quantum radome be cycled (ON->OFF->ON), then the other MFD may be paired with the Quantum radome. The Quantum radome would typically be paired to the cockpit display on sailing vessels lacking a below decks helm station, as the Quantum radar would not typically operated unless the vessel is underway with a lookout in the cockpit (Rule 5 of the USCG NAVIGATION RULES AND REGULATIONS).

Q2. Can I connect both MFDs with a RayNet to RayNet Cable?
A2. Yes

Q3. Or do I need a Switch in the middle?
A3. A HS5 RayNet Network Switch would only be required if a fourth compatible device having an Ethernet communications interface (ex. compatible MFD, thermal camera, IP camera, fishfinder sounder module, etc.) was going to be added to the system and/or should it not be desired to run a second Ethernet (RayNet) cable to the Axiom Pro 9.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Quantum Radar Wi-Fi Pair to 2 MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-30-18 08:23 AM