The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] RV-100 transducer
04-12-18, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-18 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RV-100 transducer
I just purchased a new Riverwild 25' open aluminum sled with a 250 yammie. It's a transom mount, RV-100, down vision, side vision and real vision. I can not get it to continually keep the depth located. I have a Raymarine 12 inch axiom pro. This isn't my first install of a transducer. I've tried all the normal stuff....distance from main motor, opposite side of kicker, not in line with the bottom strakes, up, down, left, right, middle of the transducer perfectly lined up with the bottom of the boat, angled up, tipped down, blah, blah, blah. I've moved it side to side 3 times and have literally left my trailer in the launch and reloaded the boat re-positioned the transducer, launched again, re-positioned, on and on. It's intermittent, I can sometimes track while increasing speed, sometimes not, sometimes track in deep water, other times not so much. I've had someone else run the motor and looked over the transom and can see how the mounting bracket might be putting air bubbles into the system. I'm assuming air is the problem. I've searched several sites with many people having the same problem, with no solution. I talked to someone today who said that they have several transducers, one to do each function. My next idea was to actually fabricate a plate that comes straight/parallel off the bottom of the boat and forms a 'U' shape around the transducer in hopes that the water would continue to go under the boat straight to the transducer without disturbing the water and adding unwanted air into the system. Some have said that it is just something you have to live with with these shallow draft sleds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] RV-100 transducer - huckleberry - 04-12-18 10:16 PM