The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Potential EV 150 Autopilot Installation
05-09-18, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-18 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Potential EV 150 Autopilot Installation
I have bought a new boat. All of the electronics are Raymarine. 12" Axiom, HD Radar, AIS 700 and VHF Radio and are being installed at the moment.

The Jeanneau NC 895 has twin 200 hp Yamahas and Sea Star steering.

I am thinking about significantly reducing my workload by installing an EV150 autopilot as well.

I have two questions.

How long (in terms of hours of labour) should it take a competent yard to install an EV150 autopilot package on a brand new boat after all of the other Raymarine electronics are installed? Research seems to indicate that it is a plug and play installation.

Does anyone know how large the cylinder is in the Sea Star steering ram needed for 2x200 Yamahas? I want to make sure that one of the standard hydraulic pumps in the EV 150 choices is appropriately sized for my boat. I don't want to go down a non standard hydraulic pump rabbit [censored].

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Potential EV 150 Autopilot Installation - LuckyOne - 05-09-18 10:07 AM