Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] ST40 Depth flashing "Last" in 15 ft of water
06-03-18, 10:18 PM
RE: [TG11] ST40 Depth flashing "Last" in 15 ft of water
Often a combination of factors will cause problems: perhaps what sounds like a little corrosion on the terminals, plus the extra coating on the transducer face, might have been enough to prevent proper performance. If the signal levels are marginal then it's easier for the system to maintain a 'lock' on a known depth (even if its wrong) than to pick up a new depth value from scratch, which is why you saw dashes after the power-cycle.

If the visible external surface of the crimps were a bit tarnished then I think it very likely that you also have corrosion surrounding the wire itself, so yes, it would be a good idea to cut back and re-terminate.

If you still have no luck after that then I'd get the display and/or transducer tested by a Raymarine technical dealer.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] ST40 Depth flashing "Last" in 15 ft of water - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-03-18 10:18 PM