The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom IP Network Config
06-11-18, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-18 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom IP Network Config
I'm getting ready to install my new Axiom 12" MFD x 2 in my 48 Sundancer. On the boat I currently have an IP Camera and IP network that is using the preferred video IP server from Axis for connection to the Axiom. I will also be adding a new FLIR with IP video. I have it all working on my bench at home and I'm getting ready to take it to the boat. I have a few questions on the best way to connect to my current boat's network.

It looks like the Axiom is acting as a router. Here is what I have observed: I used the apps section to connect the Axiom 12 to my home's WiFi network. I was able to pull down three apps one of them was Netflix (very cool guys!!). I then plugged my PC into an available port on HS5 and it got an IP Address of 10.22.3.141 with a subnet of 255.224.0.0 with the default gateway 10.31.123.163 (the Axiom 12 IP Address). When I opened Firefox to do a google search much to my surprise it worked. So there is a router there. This also happened when I connected to the Axom MFD with my iPad but it was not on the 10.x.x.x network. My Ipad could get out to the Internet through the Axiom.

First question: Is there a way I can access the router / firewall settings of the Axiom?

Is it running a firewall? If so can I configure it somehow?

I also noticed I can connect to the Axiom with putty. Can I configure the device that way? I have read all the manuals including the advanced manual. Is there more detailed documentation on the network side?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom IP Network Config - JohnR2016 - 06-11-18 09:01 AM