Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New equipment information
06-25-18, 12:21 PM
RE: [CA11] New equipment information
Lance,

Q1. Is there a different transom mount transducer other than the P66 that will give me speed over water, Temperature as well the ability to select between 50kHz and 200kHz frequencies or more frequencies options. That can be used along with the RV-100 and can be directly connected to the AXIOM RVX Pro that you would recommend or I should consider. All fishing less than 600 feet. Lots of 300 feet or less.
A1. The P66 is the only compatible transom mounted 50kHz/200kHz / speed / temperature fishfinder transducer offered by Raymarine for use with the Axiom Pro RVX MFDs.

Q2. If I put in a NEMA starter kit (not sure on number) would this give me more options on the second transom mount transducer.
A2. While able to supply the system with depth, STW, and water temperature data, instrument transducers will not support a MFD's fishfinder features. Raymarine offers the E26028-pz P66 200kHz analog instrument depth/speed/temperature transducer. However, installation of this transducer would additionally require that a an i50 Tridata Instrument Display or iTC-5 w/i70S Mulitifunction Instrument Display be installed. From the standpoint of simplicity and cost, installing the previously specified E66054 P66 fishfinder transducer would typically be advised.

Q3. I have been told that I might need for remote RS150 GPS ANTENNA and thinking of engine networking in future. So if helps might be better to initially to do.
A3. This information would not affect the answer provided to Q2, as the cost of either of the two options provided will likely be greater than installation of the aforementioned E66054 P66 fishfinder transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New equipment information - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-25-18 12:21 PM