The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ST60 Replacements
06-22-18, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-19 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] ST60 Replacements
I have a 31' sailboat with a fiberglass hull that was outfitted by the manufacturer with three ST60 instruments, (Speed, Depth & Wind). The Wind display unit is shot, and one of the other units doesn't light at night any longer. I've secured a i60 Wind display replacement, (mast top and transducer still work great).

My needs are not sophisticated and don't warrant an upgrade to add functionality or spend a great deal on the most current technology.

That being said, I'd like to replace the Depth and Speed units at the same time with the i50 Tridata but after lots of reading and searching on the forum I'm not confident of the two unit's compatibility and whether a simple connection via the new style Seatalk cable between the two units will work without additional components. At one point during my research I even got the impression the SeaTalk wiring was different in the i50 unit.

Any pointers or direct response to my installation goals is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Todd L.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] ST60 Replacements - ToddL214 - 06-22-18 08:20 AM
RE: ST60 Replacements - rxcraymarine - 08-06-19, 02:26 PM