The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Dragonfly 7 Pro CPT-DVS transducer installation
06-23-18, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-18 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Dragonfly 7 Pro CPT-DVS transducer installation
I have a Dragonfly 7 Pro mounted in my boat without the transducer
for now and just using the chartplotter functions. I have a 21 foot Regal bowrider. Now I want mount the transducer to the transom, but have some questions first.

1. Can the cable be cut to pass though the transom so I only need to drill a small [censored] for the cable? Otherwise, I would need to drill a 7/8 inch [censored] to pass the connector through. I have good soldering skills to splice the cable back together after passing though. However, I want to get advice on whether the cut and splice will affect the operation of the transducer? I will need all to the 20 foot cable length to route it between the mounting location and the helm.

2. Where should I mount the transducer? I have attached a photo for reference. I was thinking the flat spot just to the left of the far right side bunk shown in the photo (behind right tie down strap). Is that a better location since it is flat rather than in the V portion of the hull closer the the speedometer pickup also shown in the photo? I am guessing the sonar footprint will be less impeded in the flat location?

3. So here is the strange question. Ideally I may want to mount the Dragonfly either in front of the captain's seat where it is now for some trips, or in front of the first mate's seat on the port side for other trips. I would wire two separate connectors to accomplish this. The power is easy. However the sonar cable would have to be routed with separate cables down the port side of the boat for the first mate location, verses starboard side for the captains location. So the question is: is it possible to either split the wire near the transom in the engine compartment, or install a connectors to switch between cables?

Thanks for any insights advice etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Dragonfly 7 Pro CPT-DVS transducer installation - Regal2100LSR - 06-23-18 01:10 PM