The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New system for 34' sailboat
04-13-16, 02:20 PM
New system for 34' sailboat
Hello my friends from the Raymarine Forum!

I'm looking for a complete new system for my 34 foot sailboat here in Brazil.
There's no electronics presently installed onboard, so I'm starting from scratch. I'd like to have wind, depth and speed information and a good chartplotter, for now. Maybe later add AIS and radar.
My steering uses cable, but for now I'll stick with my good old AutoHelm 3000, but anyway, it'd be nice to have the possibility to add a modern autopilot in the near future.
Propulsion is sails + a 46hp engine (old engine with no data output other than RPM) and hull material is fiberglass.

My budget for this is U$ 2000.00, maybe a bit more if needed. What do you suggest? After some research, I'm interested in the i70 system pack and maybe the a78 Multi-function display, but I'm open for other ideas, specially cheaper ideas hehehe...

Regarding the a78, would it be ok for a wet cockpit? Or should I use it inside the cabin? My cockpit has limited protection and water sprays will be constant under heavy weather. Also, would I be able to view the instruments data on it too? Could I use just one transducer or will I need 2 (one for the i70 and one for the sonar)?

Also, since I'll be buying this in the US, is it possible to get it with charts for South America, or maybe without charts?

Thanks in advance for your attention!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New system for 34' sailboat - fferraz - 04-13-16 02:20 PM