The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NMEA2000 GPS Data
06-28-18, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-18 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] NMEA2000 GPS Data
Greetings, I am looking for some assistance in supplying certain NMEA2000 PGNs to an MFD since it appears as though certain messages are being filtered. A little background: I work for a company that does maritime simulation so we have software that currently drives radar displays / instruments with standard NMEA0183 data successfully. We are looking to expand our simulation capabilities to provide NMEA2000 data to the same type of displays / instruments in a classroom setting (not aboard actual ships). I have a bare bone NMEA2000 network with a power supply and an Antisense NGT-1 USB adapter that connects my PC to the network.

I have tested our NMEA2000 software with another instrument (Furuno FI70) and have proved that I can send Depth, SOG, COG, Time of Day, ROT, and a couple other PGNs. I was unable to get Position (129025) or Heading (127250) to function correctly however. We also have a Raymarine eS Series MFD in house that when hooked up to the same NMEA2000 network in place of the FI70, fails to receive Position or Heading Data. If I look at the debug menu for Tx/Rx buffers I can see the PGNs for both of these values making it to the display and the data is matching what I am sending.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully used an NGT-1 for supplying GPS or heading data to an MFD? When I go to System Settings -> Data Sources -> GPS I don't see my NGT-1 device as a choice like I do when I go to something like Depth. My best guess at this time is because the NGT-1 is classified as a “Inter/Intranetwork” “PC Gateway” device and NOT classified as a "GPS" device. As such, I think maybe that the display doesn't process the PGN for position despite it being formed correctly. I do not have a real GPS sensor I could hook up and test with however so I thought I'd see if anyone else has had success with this or has and other insight I may have overlooked.

My apologies if this isn't the right Forum for posting this question! If it would be better answered under a different topic please let me know where it should go.

Regards,
Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] NMEA2000 GPS Data - mjhooper225 - 06-28-18 10:40 AM