The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Questions
06-28-18, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-18 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Questions
Hello, I have some questions on configuration of and Axiom unit. I am looking to upgrade to this unit for a 24' I/O powered application. I fish the great lakes for salmon and walleye and my primary objectives are to mark fish and the bottom at speed while also having good definition / identification of fish at trolling speeds.

I like the idea of the 3d, side vision, and chirp for trolling, so that points me toward a RV100 transducer. Where I get concerned is that I understand this transducer isn't as powerful as your typical 50/200 Hz transducer, so I may lose bottom at speed, and I may not detect fish that I could on a 600 W 50/200 Hz transducer. Is this a legitimate concern?

I also understand I could connect a separate thru hull transducer to it with a y cable, but would lose chirp. If the thru hull transducer is chirp capable, do I still retain chirp? Also, how effective is chirp at speed for bottom and fish marking? Or said differently, is a standard transducer better for this?

I understand I could have multiple transducers on the Pro, but that is a bit more money. Could I network two Axiom's together and have both the RV with chirp and a conventional 50/200 thru hull working at the same time? Can I see images from both on the same screen at one time then?

Also, clearance to the drive is a concern on my I/O, do you know where along the length of the transducer the 3d and side looking elements are so I could assess fit to my boat?

Whew...l think that is all for now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom Questions - djw13cwru - 06-28-18 11:31 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Questions - djw13cwru - 07-02-18, 05:01 AM