Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C80 Classic and "No Heading"
07-09-18, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-18 07:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] C80 Classic and "No Heading"
Q1. The 10Hz heading data enters the MFD via NMEA183, and only 1Hz data via the ST connection between the two. Isn't 1Hz enough for most purposes?
A1. MARPA requires 10Hz heading data. For other features requiring heading data (excluding the autopilot), 1Hz data will suffice for your system.

Q2. As an ancillary question is this. We're cruisers. The South Pacific, while beautiful and such, is a very harsh environment. Reasonably, what is the life expectancy for the Raymarine equipment that I have installed? I installed most in 2005 or so.
A2. Raymarine does not specify life expectancy for its products. As you have indicated the marine environment can be quite harsh, but varies depending on where one is located.

Q3. A second thought, related to the first, is that since it's all that old, I should buy a completely new suite of equipment and use new networking. I'm sure that it's more stable and much more robust that ST1.
A3. Such choices are quite subjective. However, a prudent mariner will ensure that the electronics which are being relied upon are in good working order, spare are onhand, and that service/parts can be obtained before venturing out on long passages and/or to remote locations where such items are not easily obtained.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] C80 Classic and "No Heading" - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-09-18 07:09 PM