The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] SeaTalk network issue
07-10-18, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 06:40 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
SeaTalk network issue
I have an existing Raymarine e7 plotter with version 60 instruments and autopilot. All connected via seatalk and the saetalk ng converter for the e7 interface. The instruments and plotter are at the helm station with the pilot "brain" below deck.

This season I purchased a Simrad R35 VHF with the wireless mike and AIS interface. I purchased the converted cable to go from the NMEA2000 port to a Raymarine NMEA 2000 5 pin plug. This is where my problems have begun. I can not get any more wires up to the helm station. So I was looking at the Pilot "brain" and saw two SeaTalk three wire terminals, which were each wired up. Thinking that I should be able to purchase another SeaTalk ng converter and tap into that terminal I could then run a cable over the VHF. So I bought the converter and a SeaTalk Tee Connector and backbone cable. Wired everything up and the VHF will not recognize any GPS input, it says all it sees is NMEA 0183.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SeaTalk network issue - wjmuseler - 07-10-18 09:03 AM