Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar
07-22-18, 07:45 PM
RE: [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar
Hello Popeye,

Interference between the transducers won't be hugely affected by the location that you mount the RV types, because most of the interference usually comes from the echo coming back from the bottom, which is wide-spread and not as focussed as the outgoing pulse.

The problem you'll have if you mount either one straight forward of the other is a high likelihood of turbulent, aerated water from the upstream transducer blocking the echoes coming back to the downstream transducer. In addition, if you install the RV upstream of the FLS transducers then I suspect that there's a chance that the RVs might block some of the view of the FLS transducers.
Installing the RV transducers aft of the rudders is likely to give poor RV performance because of the turbulence off the rudders; I'd say that your best bet is likely to be a tilted-element RV pair mounted off to the side of the FLS transducers. If this isn't an option then personally I think I'd install the RVs a bit upstream of the FLS transducers, on the assumption that you'd be using the RVs when at higher speeds and the FLS only when going very slowly (and that the RVs are probably a lot more hydrodynamic.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar - popeye46 - 07-19-18, 06:23 AM
RE: [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-22-18 07:45 PM