The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue
07-19-18, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue
I have a new (to me) gs 165. It is an early build (2013) but has never been used. I have updated it with the latest LH II software (V19.03). Update (vis SD card) was successful and everything appears to work.

I have since attempted to use Navionics + charts using preloaded SD card purchased from Navionics dealer. The card has been registered/updated via the Navionics chart installer app and is assigned to the correct species of plotter.

The MFD recognises the card - navigation warning splash screen has a line saying SD1 Navionics chart with correct update date for the charts on the card. The NAVIGATION-PRESENTATION-CHART TYPE screen shows that there is a Navionics chart but does not provide any detail (e.g.area covered). Same applies for Sonar chart. The nav/chart screen only displays the generic Navionics global chart. The diagnostics screen only refers to the pre-loaded global background charts.

I have tested the SD card port - both via the software update and using the screen capture test - all OK.

I have checked all the other settings listed elsewhere in the forum (level of detail etc) and have done a system reset, with no difference. MFD seems to see the card but not the actual charts.

The SD cards appears to contain all the necessary files (when checked on a PC).

The MFD is synced to the Navionics app but when I attempt to sync the charts it states "You need to activate the SD Card." It then tells me to activate/update the card via the Chart installer app. Something that I have already done (several time now - as above).

Plotter or card issue? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue - NDF - 07-19-18 08:59 AM