The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
07-26-18, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 01:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Good Morning from New Hampshire

I have recently purchased the Ev200 autopilot and 2 e127 mfd’s with a HD radar dome to replace the outdated Sl70 nav and radar..... which I have to say still performs excellently!. The boat is not presently fitted with an autopilot but it does have an ST60 helm indicator and depth module. These are connected using the seatalk connectors

additionally I have added 2 nmea 0183 connected units - a Dualscan GPS antenna and a Flowscan fuel use monitor that are both wired seperately into the sl70 nmea 0183 wiring

I would very much appreciate any help with the following questions.

1) can the existing rudder reference sender and display be used with the new ev 200 system as I would very much like to retain the rudder indicator visual display

2) can the st60 depth display be equally used and presumably data be displayed on the new monitors?

both depth display and rudder reference are presently connected using a seatalk hub. I have also purchasedthe Seatalk to Seatalk ng converter kit to use if necessary.

3) Is it possible to connect the existing floscan fuel useage display and seperate GPS antenna that are presently wired to the nmea00183 connections on the main SL70 power harness and not into the seatalk connectors?

4)The system is being installed in a 42 flybridge so any preference where the the ev200 core sensor is located with respect to position to waterline and forward or stern of the boat. Ie higher or lower and more forward or stern?

5) I plan to install the ev sensor away from any wiring and metal etc in a cupboard below decks then connect to the actuator in the large stern engine room closer to hydraulic motor is this preferable? Any recommendations on maximum spur cable lenth?

6) I would like to share all information across both e127 screens so do I need to bring in the HD radar into a the HS5 hub then connect to both mfd’s via the hub or can the radar be plugged directly into one of the mfd’s and networked with the 2 nd screen using the HS connections

7) I have a B45 thru hull transducer that was used with a fishfinder can this be used with the ESeries and if compatible how is it connected to the system. If not what transducer is recommended?

8) Does Raymarine have a tech with a good sense of humour near Lake Winnipesauki that can eventually bail me out when I am banging my head on the deck trying to install by myself!!

many thanks for any assistance

Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - markdd3880 - 07-26-18 07:27 AM