Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
07-30-18, 08:08 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Good Morning Chuck
Many thanks for your excellent reply to my many questions.
I did respond just after you posted however my reply has not published for some reason so I will try again. The message I wrote was pending review so maybe its out there somewhere.
I will keep an eye out for you on the lake we are located over in Silver Sands in Gilford. If you are over this way please stop by and say hi. We are the only hardtop Regal 3880 on the planet!

It sounds like the install should be pretty straight forward and I decided to go with the HS5 hub so that we can add further equipment such as ghe Sirius weather module. You may well ask why I need this equipment for merely dodging Eagle Island on Lake Winni..well we are actually planning to take the boat upto the Great Lakes and then continue on the Great Loop hence the “ big guns”.

Couple more questions if I may.

1) As you know the Lake what charts do you recomend for the E127’s while we are still here. I have found the CMap chip very accurate on the existing SL70 but of course cant use that with the new units.
2) When navigating the lake we usually travel at 6 to 8 knots not using the potential power of the Twin 8.1’s which will actually allow us to do 30+ knots ... resulting wake not good for smaller craft!! So we usually alternate running between engines and of course compensating with rudder. This in fact is how we will travel most of our extended journey due to local conditions and to preserve fuel economy. So my question is do you think the EV200 will be able to compensate like this if we only want to alternate engines. Maybe manually settling the steering on an engine change over then switing to AP?
3) I found the end of the sinar transducer but unfortunately it looks like the second number has been scraped off so the numbers tgat are legible are 4.....missing....545 are you able to discern any info from this?
4) on the EV sensor location I have several suitable locations but difficult to keep on centreline exactly. What is the best position relative to the waterline? I can mount above, below or on the waterline around midships.
5) I have sent a message to Flowscan to see if we can adapt the nmea 0813 upto ng or at least Seatalk.

Thanks once again for your help its much appreciated.
Best
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - markdd3880 - 07-30-18 08:08 AM