The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Bridging two networks with SeaTalk1
07-26-18, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 03:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Bridging two networks with SeaTalk1
I have both Seatalk ng and also SeaTalk1 devices on our sailboat. We currently use the SeaTalk ng to SeaTalk1 converter to allow the devices to communicate.

We have a cluster of ST60+ instruments in a location that we cannot feasibly run wires to, the wires were run at the factory and it would require an enormous effort and some damage to run a new backbone wire to this cluster, so we have just left the ST60's there. The wind, depth and speed transducer wires also go to this location.

Our wind ST60 has just given up the ghost so I have bought a new i70s to replace it, and will be installing the itc-5 in that location so that I don't have to go up the mast and replace the wind sensors.

My question is this: Can I use another Seatalk ng to SeaTalk1 converter in that location and have everything communicate between the two locations that are bridged by a length of old SeaTalk1 wiring that cannot be replaced?

I've created and attached a schematic, showing the new addition to my network in the gray box.

In this configuration, will wind data make it to my chart plotter, and will other data make it up to the new i70s?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Bridging two networks with SeaTalk1 - Planetdaz - 07-26-18 03:50 PM