The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-200xx installation location
08-07-18, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-18 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-200xx installation location
I am attempting to install an RV-212 set on a semi displacement trawler hull. Much of the bottom is inaccessible due to a hull liner or other obstructions. The area left by the factory for transducers is about 1/3 LWL back from the bow, and about 24" off centerline on each side. The keel is about 9" deep in this area, and the deadrise about 14 deg. In addition on the port side, the engine raw water intake is about 8" away (outboard) from the proposed transducer location.

I'm wondering how well this will work. Any other location will require cutting through the hull liner, it isn't clear whats under there or if this would allow water into where it shouldn't be.

To try it using the waterbag trick may be possible, but also involves some work (and an extra haulout). If there was good probability it will work as I have described, I'd go ahead and install them. If there is a big question, I'd probably try the extra work of a trial.

I'm not looking for peak fishing performance, just good bottom imaging.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] RV-200xx installation location - jfitch - 08-07-18 11:00 AM