The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interfacing third party NMEA 2000 products to a MFD running LH2 or LH3 SW
04-22-16, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Interfacing third party NMEA 2000 products to a MFD running LH2 or LH3 SW
Interfacing third party NMEA 2000 products to a MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software

When operating with the latest software updates, the MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software, i50 Instruments, i60 Instruments, and i70 MFIDs are NMEA 2000 certified products. Raymarine's MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software are designed to repeat data from compatible third party NMEA 2000 devices. However, Raymarine's MFD running LightHouse II, i50 Instruments, i60 Instruments, and i70 MFIDs are not designed to calibrate, apply offsets in conjunction with, or configure alarms in conjunction with third party NMEA 2000 sensors. As such should a third party NMEA 2000 sensor require configuration of Instance IDs, calibration, offsets, etc., then it will be necessary to do so using the procedures and devices specified by the manufacturer of the third party sensor. MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 or later software are designed to support calibration of tanks which have been fitted with the following Oceanic Systems tank senders:
• 3271 Volumetric Fuel Sender
• 3281 Water Level Senders
• 3125 Tank Sender Adapter
• 4291 Tank Level Adapter

To interface the NMEA 2000 device to the Data Master MFD running LightHouse II / LightHouse 3 software, i50 Instrument, i60 Instrument, or i70 MFID, a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone must be installed onboard having sufficient SeaTalkng T-Pieces (SeaTalkng 5-way connectors may be substituted where NMEA 2000 devices are closely located) for each SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 device which will be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng Network backbone. A simple backbone may be constructed from the following components:

- A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector
- A06031 SeaTalkng Termination Plugs x 2
- A06049 SeaTalkng Power Cable
- a pair of SeaTalkng Spur Cables of appropriate length to interface the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, i50 Instrument, or i70 MFID and NMEA 2000 device to the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

As SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 spurs are limited to 5m maximum length, should the cable routing distance between the MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software, i50 Instruments, i60 Instruments, and i70 MFIDs and third party NMEA 2000 device exceed 10m, then the 5-Way Connector listed above may be replaced with A06028 SeaTalkng T-Pieces which have been joined to one another using appropriate lengths of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. More information concerning SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 networking and SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 networking components may be found here.

The Data Master MFD running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software, i50 Instruments, i60 Instruments, and i70 MFIDs will be interfaced to one of the spur sockets within the SeaTalkng backbone using an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The third party NMEA 2000 device will also be interfaced to one onf the spur sockets within the SeaTalkng backbone. Raymarine offers SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Male (A06046) and SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Female adapter cables (A06045) as well as Stripped End Spur cables (A06044) to support interfacing third party NMEA 2000 devices as spurs to the SeaTalkng network backbone.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Interfacing third party NMEA 2000 products to a MFD running LH2 or LH3 SW - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-22-16 01:54 PM