Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ITC 5 Zero Speed (SOW) data
08-28-18, 09:47 AM
RE: [CA11] ITC 5 Zero Speed (SOW) data
Francisco,

As indicated within my initial response, it is recommended that the DST800's paddlewheel be tested and that the iTC-5 Speed LED be inspected while spinning the paddlewheel.

Q1. All instruments have been bought at the same time. You still recommend to update the software?
A1. Yes. In most cases, products will have been programmed with the latest available software when the product was manufactured. Date of purchase is no guarantee of having compatible software or the latest available software.

Q2. If I understand correctly, I should not be using the Autohelm Navcenter with the Seatalk - Seatalkng converter ... even though Autohelm uses Seatalk?
A2. The SeaTalk communications messaging evolved over time, with two distinct changes. These changes were coincident with the changeover from Raytheon to Raymarine. Products having black rather than gray cases will typically support the older version of SeaTalk. It is not recommended that one use the black cased products with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, as Raymarine has not tested the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q3. I sent you a diagram of my installation ... should I connect the ITC 5 to 12v or as it is it's ok?
A3. The iTC-5 is designed to be powered by the SeaTalkng backbone. As your backbone already includes 12V power insertion point, no other power insertions should be installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] ITC 5 Zero Speed (SOW) data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-28-18 09:47 AM