The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom/Lighthouse 100-target AIS limit
08-27-18, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 02:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom/Lighthouse 100-target AIS limit
Hi--I recently installed an Axiom 7 running LH3.6. It receives AIS data from a Vesper XB-8000 via STNG/NMEA2000 network. My problem is that the MFD only plots AIS targets out to a distance of about 5 miles. I know from accessing the XB-8000 that it is tracking vessels out to 30+ miles. When I first power up the MFD, I can see distant vessels, but then they quickly disappear (within the first minute). The LH3.6 documentation indicates it only tracks the nearest 100 targets. So I guess what is occurring is that there are 100 targets within 5 miles and then the rest are ignored. I cruise in Puget Sound where there are dozens of pleasure boats with AIS, most of them moored or tied to the dock. These "static" targets fill up the 100-target limit preventing me from seeing the fast-moving ships coming down the sound until they are right on top of me.

Is there a workaround? (Even when I activate the "don't show static targets" option, the problem remains; it seems that though the static targets aren't plotted, they still take up one of the precious 100 slots.) Is there a way to only track Class A targets? Or perhaps the next update of LH will expand the number of targets tracked? I this area, it is not uncommon to see almost 200 targets being tracked on the XB-8000.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom/Lighthouse 100-target AIS limit - dagelm - 08-27-18 12:11 PM