The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Wind Speed Data Availability
09-12-18, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Wind Speed Data Availability
We have an e95 networked with an i50 depth display, and i60 wind display, an i70 multifunction, and an ST5000 Plus autohelm. For the past 4 years or so this has all been working fine - critically, the ST5000 would sail to a wind angle, as well as track since its connected via a Seatalk converter.
Just recently, the ST5000 reports that no wind data is available - but it continues to work in Track mode (i.e. it still sees the network). The i70 still shows wind data (speed and angle), implying that wind data is on the network. But, the e95 doesn't show any wind data. I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose this. I've unconnected and reconnected the wind display, but no change.
Thanks to your help, I recently added a data cable from the e95 NMEA output to our DSC enabled radio. The radio is now seeing the GPS data correctly. This change coincided roughly with the wind data issue but I can't believe they are related. I've tried simply turning the radio off - no difference. The data cable is crimp connected - I'm hesitant to undo this (the wires are a little short).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Wind Speed Data Availability - taylort100 - 09-12-18 08:07 AM