The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Yamaha to Axiom Pro
09-17-18, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-18 10:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Yamaha to Axiom Pro
objective:
I would like to view the NMEA 2000 data that is generated by my Yamaha f225 engines on my Axiom pro units. My main interest is fuel consumption data from the ECU. Assuming everything works as expected I will purchase another axiom dedicated to engine data display and eliminate my Yamaha gauges.

I have confirmed that these engines have the 2 wire white and blue data plug under the cowling, note there is not an existing CL bus under the dash. It is my understanding that various vendors (Lowrance and Ray included) make adapters for this plug. Lowrance is Yamaha to NMEA 2000 and Ray is Yamaha to Seatalkng.

Q1
Since the Lowrance is Yamaha to NMEA 2000 could I just create a simple NMEA network and connect a drop to the NMEA port on the back of one of the Axiom pro units. If the Axiom reads and displays NMEA 2000 why would this not work?

Q2
I expect you will suggest using the Raymarine Yamaha Link Cable (E70242) along with the ECI 100 which is fine but I would like to know what the ECI does. In my scenario it provides 1 way communication to the network from the engines. I can't think of a situation where my MFD would send messages back to the engine, and if it did there is nothing listening on the other end to act on those instructions. I can see the ECI 100 being useful in a more complicated fly by wire throttle/ steering situation but not simple outboard twins.

Q3
Assuming I do need the E70242 and the ECI 100 what does that diagram look like for a 2 engine application? Do I need an ECI 100 for each engine or do I connect the e70242 pair and the eci 100 to a 5 port network hub?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Yamaha to Axiom Pro - scott06903 - 09-17-18 08:56 PM