The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Can I connect two 5 way connectors (A06031) using a spur cable?
09-19-18, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-18 02:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Can I connect two 5 way connectors (A06031) using a spur cable?
I just bought a complete system for my sailboat and I'm in the process of installing it.

(es75 + ev200 AP+ i70s system pack)

I planned the connections and cables necessary but was surprised by the fact that the i70s display and the autopilot display only have ONE conection each. I always seem this type of displays with two conections to be dayse chained.

Long story short. I had to use one 5 way connector on the cockpit and another 5 way connector on the engine room. But I only have one SPUR cable left, long enough, to connect them.

Is this acceptable? Can I connect two 5 way connectors using only a spur cable?

I'm using the 3 white ports on the cockpit 5 way connector, 2 to the displays, one going down below. The 2 blue ports are plugged with terminators.

On the bellow deck 5 way connector I have all the ports being used.

I know the quick answer is go buy a backbone cable, but this things don't come by easy over here.

Thanks a lot!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Can I connect two 5 way connectors (A06031) using a spur cable? - rafaelnfernandes - 09-19-18 02:00 PM