The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AIS and Vessel tracking broadcasting wrong name
10-02-18, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AIS and Vessel tracking broadcasting wrong name
Hi, I recently purchased a sailboat and have updated the MMSI number (via SeaTow) to our new boat name and contact info, and had a local Raymarine tech update the vessel name in our AIS650 transceiver, but when I check multiple online services the old name still shows, both via AIS sites and MMSI lookups. The AIS settings were changed about 10 days ago. It's been about 6 weeks since the MMSI data was updated via SeaTow.

Old name: Resolute
New name: Enigma

MMSI: 338222414

I've double-checked vesselfinder.com using the map function - not searching for the vessel, while out sailing and it showed our position accurately when I did an AIS search, but with the wrong name. (screen shot attached).

I'm at a bit of a loss where to look next. The vessel has:
AIS650 Class B AIS transceiver
Multiple eS78 displays
Quantum Q24C radar
SeaTalk NG

And various other multifunction instruments (i70, P70, etc.), parts and pieces connecting it all together.

I appreciate any suggestions on what needs to happen to get the info correct! - Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] AIS and Vessel tracking broadcasting wrong name - kayak_tom - 10-02-18 03:10 PM