Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom fuel/trip manager resets erroneously
10-18-18, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-18 12:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom fuel/trip manager resets erroneously
I've played with it a bit more, trying different power up sequences. It does take about a minute after a GPS fix is available for the day to reset. Though occasionally this reset does not happen. The GPS source (internal or external) seems to make no difference. The month fuel used usually resets to zero, then often resets again to the amount used for the trip. The daily sometimes resets to the amount used for the trip, but often stays at zero and accumulates usage as it should.

I've tried waiting to turn on the engine (which introduces its NMEA data). I've never seen the fuel values reset to the trip figure until the engine is on (however these changes sometimes occur many minutes after boot up, so I could be missing it). The gallons remaining estimate is always "-.-" until the engine is turned on - this is odd as the engine has no knowledge of this. The initial mistaken resets of fuel used will happen even with the engine off, so the engine NMEA data is not responsible for those - all Raymarine. There is some fundamental but in the initialization.

I have a Maretron NMEA2000 bus snooper, but it's on the sailboat, not here. I'll bring it next time but that might be next year. I' try to take a movie of what is happening.

I'd like to see this facility work, as it would be most useful for fuel management on the powerboat if only it did.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom fuel/trip manager resets erroneously - jfitch - 10-18-18 10:49 AM