The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] eS 78 freezing
10-23-18, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-18 08:52 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] eS 78 freezing
Hi RM
I have an eS78 (ser#E70265) that has taken to freezing up. I have had the unit for about a year during which it worked fine. The problem manifested in the last few months. The unit works fine on start up but after a few hours it begins to respond to user input slower and slower until it does not respond at all. It will not respond to the on/off switch either. The only fix I have found is to remove power and then allow it to reboot. I updated the software but have the same issue. The unit does not feel unduly hot when the problem occurs. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards John

It has the Downvision sonar, which I am not using. It is connected via RM Seatalk-ng to an EVO/ACU400 autopilot and a p-70 control head. It receives NMEA-183 data from an AIS and B&G Hydra 2000 instrument system. The unit came with a Quantum radar which links via wifi. It is running Navionics charts.

The unit is mounted in open air above the helm, protected by a hard dodger.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG] eS 78 freezing - biohead - 10-23-18 08:40 AM
RE: [DG] eS 78 freezing - biohead - 11-01-18, 07:11 AM