The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade C80 MFD to Axiom
11-02-18, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-18 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrade C80 MFD to Axiom
Hello
I am a new user to the forum, I am looking for some assistance in upgrading from a C80 MFD to a Axiom MFD.

As difficult as the task is, have traced all wiring and produce a sketch (Existing Seatalk System). The existing installation is on a sailing vessel with two helms (P&S), C80 MFD located down below at the Navigators Desk. Instruments fitted are ST60+ Tridata and wind P&S, ST6002 controller, S2 Smart Pilot, VHF 54E Radio and Type 1 Drive unit.

Of note with the existing system is the terminal box where all cables are terminated onto a common buss bar.

In my new installation I wish to install one Axiom MFD down below and one at the helm.

Questions
1) Can I connect the E22158 converter via the terminal box directly to the Axiom MFD (Option one sketch) or do I have to connection all instruments via backbone cable and converter connection as shown on Option two sketch.
2) Assume the connection for the two Axiom MFD's is via RJ45 cable only.

Thank you
Billdownunder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrade C80 MFD to Axiom - Billdownunder - 11-02-18 04:55 AM