Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] adding I70s to existing network for transducer compensations
11-05-18, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-18 02:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] adding I70s to existing network for transducer compensations
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ron,

The only devices which are capable of calibrating instrument transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5, setting offsets setting alarms associated with such transducers, and setting alarms associated with such transducers are the i70S, i70, and ST70 MFIDs. Should the i60 Wind be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone and the total length of the two SeaTalkng Spur Cables which would be required to interface the i60 Wind and daisy chained i70S MFID to the backbone does not exceed 6m, then it would indeed be acceptable to daisy chain the i70S MFID to the i60 Wind instrument. That said, it is considered to be a best installation practice that devices supporting SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications be installed as individual spurs to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Accordingly, a T-Piece or 5-Way connector would be recommended for adding the i70S MFID to the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] adding I70s to existing network for transducer compensations - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-05-18 12:14 PM