Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Integration Axiom 7 DV with old ST60 equipment
11-28-18, 07:07 PM
RE: [LW11] Integration Axiom 7 DV with old ST60 equipment
(11-26-18 04:46 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  You are welcome.

Best Regards
Louise

Dear Louise,

Coming back to you to ask you to validate the connection diagram and the cables and connectors list. I redraw the initial diagram, now showing equipment and cable routes over my sailboat sketch.

All ST-60, ST-6002, SPX-5, sensors and components are already there (connections shown in yellow). The new components are the Axiom 7DV, the AIS700, the i70 System Pack, and the ST Ng networking components (Starter Kit and ST1 to STng Converter).

The legacy equipment (with exception of the ST-6002 head) are located in a pod over the main cabin entrance, where I plan to house the iTC-5, ST1 to STng Converter and the ST Ng 5 Waty Connector. The Axiom and the i70 are planed to be housed in a new overhead pod near the helm (my boat has a full size hard dodger over the cockpit).

I am not sure if I have added the Devicenet to STng cables everywhere I need them (only have it from the Axiom). Does the Devicenet to STng cable connects directly to the T-Piece or it needs and additional cable?

Which cable should I use to connect the SPX-5 to the STng network (or it is automatically connected through the ST-60 connection to the Converter kit)?

Will I have just one 12V feed to the system (through the ST1 to STng Converter Kit) or should I power the Axiom also though its 12V feed?

Am I getting the connection Converter Kit to the Starter Kit and the STng backbone right?

At this point I am planning not to use the Axion DV transducer.

Please let me know your comments and recommendations.

Best regards,

Carlos

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Integrating Axiom 7 DV with old ST60 equipment - Connection Diagram SV L\'attitude.pdf (Size: 2.4 MB / Downloads: 681)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] Integration Axiom 7 DV with old ST60 equipment - Carlos Varela - 11-28-18 07:07 PM