The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options
12-11-18, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-18 06:06 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options
I am more than half way thru converting an old Raytheon system to Raymarine. I have an A127 connected to new radio (Ray60) and new Chirp radar. Autopilot is on its way for spring install.

I also have an old depth and an old speed sensor, connected to old Raytheon ST60 TriData. I would like to understand my options for i) interconnecting the Raytheon/Seatalk depth and speed sensors to the the SeatalkNG networks, or ii) replacing likely the old speed sensor and TriData display with SeatalkNG components.

i) Is it possible to interconnect the Seatalk and SeatalkNG networks so that the depth will display on the A127?

ii) If replacing say the old speed sensor, what Transducer would be recommended? I would hope to 'pop' out the old speed sensor, (thru hull looks to be 2" in diameter with low slope of the hull less than 15 degrees).

The boat is a 40" sedan bridge, fiberglass.

The existing speed sensor is a 'waterwheet' type, and I am happy to just get speed from the GPS sensor.

From a transducer standpoint, I am looking mainly at depth sensing, although temperature would be a great addition. Only do a bare minimum of fishing at depths rarely exceeding 50'.

Thanks for your response.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options - Dhacker@craworld.com - 12-11-18 10:25 PM