Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options
01-03-19, 08:35 PM
RE: [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options
Chuck, it sure sounds like having 2 depth transducers could be problematic. I would like to explore another approach with you.

My existing depth transducer is a P533 from AirMar Technology, part number 5119, as indicated on fading label. It connects directly to an older Tri-Data. Both are about 20 years old.

1. Is the P533 able to sense depth as well as the sonar landscape below? Could it be direct connected to a new Tri-Data which is also on SeaTalkng and then able to pass thru both depth and sonar data do the A127? (Depth would be also be displayed on the new Tri-Data)

2. If the answer to Q1 is no, then, I think it might be best to replace the existing P533 with a depth/sonar/temp transducer that is direct connected to the A127. Could the A127 then 'pass thru' the depth reading value to a new Tri-Data unit on SeaTalkng? I am trying to have a more visible depth indicator to refer to, instead of` the mixed data read on the A127.

continued thanks,

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options - Dhacker@craworld.com - 01-03-19 08:35 PM