The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Partial system upgrade
12-21-18, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-18 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Partial system upgrade
My current system comprises;

c95 MFD, which is currently only used as a plotter, but does show AIS targets and depth information (I assume via SeaTalk info from the Tridata and connected transducer)
ST60 tri data, connected to separate depth and speed transducers
SL72 radar display, connected to 18” Radome
ST6002 autopilot
AIS650 transponder

I am planning;

Addition of i60 wind display with ST60 masthead transducer (as discussed in my last post)
Removal of SL72 radar display and 18” Radome
Addition of RD418HD digital colour Radome, to display on c95
Addition of a second MFD, an a78, primarily to be used as depth sounder/sonar/downvision, coupled to a new CPT120 transducer

I am assuming that the depth transducer feeding the Tridata display will probably become redundant, although there is no reason to remove it if it will serve as a second depth sounder, alongside the new a78/CPT120 setup.
If it will not be used in the new system, it may make sense to remove it and use the resultant void in the hull to mount the new CPT120.
I also assume that the new i60 wind display will use data from the current speed transducer (paddle wheel), connected to the Tridata unit, to compute true wind.

I would welcome your comments on my proposals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Partial system upgrade - Whistonmarine - 12-21-18 04:23 PM