Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7dv and new NMEA 2k network
01-02-19, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-19 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7dv and new NMEA 2k network
Thank you for the quick response. much appreciated. After reviewing your answers, I would appreciate a bit further feedback

Having reviewed the faq referenced in a1 - then my axiom 7dv has the dual cord so it needs to be powered via that cable, I get that. Still, when I setup my NMEA network, it would still require a power cable on the backbone ? and that will not affect the axiom 7dv, correct?

A3 - so fuel manager stores the info onboard and reads from the sensor to then do the fuel remaining, range, economy calculations?
Question, do in need a tank level sensor? Or just plugging in fuel fill up in axiom will support fuel manager calculations?

A6, I believe, have to get to the boat this weekend, the wiring harness has a separate tach feed not tied to system the system check 8pin plug. If that is the case, what is the best way to feed tack rpms to the network? An analog converter? Any other way?

Thanks in advance

A day in the water is the better than anywhere else. Wait, maybe the water should become my office...

Rebuilding two project boats
95 Four Winns Vista 238 updated to a bracket and 225 2 stroke OB
86 Hydrasports Vector 22 with a 1990 Yamaha 200 2 stroke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7dv and new NMEA 2k network - Quiquepr - 01-02-19 02:32 PM