Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I40 wind unit on a sailboat
01-17-19, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 04:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] I40 wind unit on a sailboat
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum iloveboats,

The i40 Wind instrument is exclusively designed for use with the Rotavecta wind transducer. We generally do not advise that the Rotavecta wind transducer be used in sailing applications. While the Rotavecta wind transducer will provide adequate performance for powerboat applications, it lacks the performance which is generally demanded for sailing applications. Additionally, it is not recommended that the 45' cable of a Rotavecta cable be extended, making it unsuitable for installation atop most sailboat masts. Those seeking a wind instrumentation for a sailing vessel are generally recommended to purchase a wind vane transducer and one of the following:
- i60 Wind instrument
- i70 MultiFunction Instrument Display and iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter (these must be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I40 wind unit on a sailboat - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-17-19 04:02 PM