Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Raymarine speed display issue - BAVARIA 42
02-17-19, 07:02 AM
RE: [DG11] Raymarine speed display issue - BAVARIA 42
Good morning,

So I finally got round to having a look at the issue yesterday.

So,

The tridata has a depth transducer connected, which is working and sharing that info via away all to the multi unit.

The tridata also has a speed transducer attached to it, without any product specs I wasn't sure where/what degree of voltage fluctuation I should be receiving at certain terminals to determine if the transducer is working correctly. Nonetheless, the multi is reading speed in SOG, which suggests that it is determine speed from gps source and not transducer.

I confirmed that the tridata was set to master.

At this stage I'm unsure why the seatalk system is sharing depth, but not sharing the SOG between controllers.

There is a raymarine C70 unit in the cabin which is also connected to seatalk - is this the source which sends out the SOG data to relevant units? If not what unit is responsible for sharing that information in the seatalk system?

At the end of my fault finding session, I was tracing the sea talk cables from the back of the C70 unit. I found that at some point in the boats history, a previous adjusted the path of the seatalk cabling.
See attachments - seatalk leaves C70, is then cut and terminated into a 3-way switch, exits the switch, is spliced then goes to another raymarine unit and also disapears behind panels - presumably making its way to the cockpit.
From my understanding of the seatalk system and cables which come with moulded plugs in general - is that they are not meant to be cut or spliced....

Any thoughts, opinions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Monty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] Raymarine speed display issue - BAVARIA 42 - Monty dong - 02-17-19 07:02 AM