The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] How do I replace a ST60 Wind with a ST60+ CH Wind display ?
02-10-19, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-19 09:30 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] How do I replace a ST60 Wind with a ST60+ CH Wind display ?
The ST60 Wind display packed up recently and the Raymarine agent local to the boat at the time reckoned it was not worth repairing. I searched online and found a ST60+ wind instrument for sale which looked good. I understood from online searches that the ST60+ instruments were compatible and purchased the replacement unit which was boxed & brand new (old unsold stock). However, it turns out to be a ST60+CH (Close Hauled variation) ... I didn't anticipate any difference, but for some reason, the connections on the back are different to the standard ST60+ Wind instrument - there are seatalk connectors but no inputs for the wind information coming from the masthead.

From diagrams I can find online, it looks like I would have been OK with a ST60+ which looks to have the same connections, but for some reason (why!??) the ST60+ CH doesn't have them.

My question is ... is there any way I can make use of this, or should I sell it and look for a ST60+ Wind Instrument. If it's feasible to make it work, what connectors/wiring would I need ?

many thanks,

Aidan.

ps. I've attached a picture of the back of a ST60+ CH , and diagrams of the back of an old ST60 Wind and ST60+ Wind to show what I mean, but I cant seem to include them in the body of the post.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] How do I replace a ST60 Wind with a ST60+ CH Wind display ? - aidancoughlan - 02-10-19 06:47 AM