The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] "Current Limit" st6002
02-12-19, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-19 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] "Current Limit" st6002
Hi, I have an st6002, spX10, running a type 1 drive unit, via sprocket & chain on a Lightwave 38 Catamaran
These components have done around 2000 nm. Last time I went engage it, the screen showed auto as it usually does and then in around 30 seconds there was an alarm and the message “current limit”.
I returned to manual operation an looked up the manual to discover that the problem was probably a steering jamb, or a drive unit fault. Since the steering was as free as it has always been, I removed the drive unit and took off the cover. I discovered that all the screws were quite loose and in fact the whole electric clutch mount was very loose. I then split the gearbox case and a small cap screw fell out (the one from the clutch mount). I then reassembled the unit using thread-lock to try to avoid the problem occurring again.
When I retried using auto again I got the same message.
I then isolated the rudder reference unit to see if that had anything to do with it but no luck, same message.
I then disconnected the wiring to the drive unit, same message.
I’m stumped. I get a message saying current limit when there is no current being used. Do i have to somehow clear the code or do a reset to get it all back up & running again?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Trevor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] "Current Limit" st6002 - Plan B - 02-12-19 02:37 AM