The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Gs165 Issues
02-19-19, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-19 04:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Gs165 Issues
Hello,

Issues I am encountering:

MFD is over heating. To touch the unit it feels extremely hot at times almost too hot to keep my hand on it. I intend to add some fans to cool the unit from behind.
Is this normal to require additional cooling?

Random system power cycle on its own. I suspect from the over heating?? It is as though I just turned it off and on again.

I am loosing random squares of sonar chart recordings of about 1/2 mile. Recently I had a square of sonar live info that would flash on then off repeatedly.

Today I started the MFD and my entire system had reset to default settings. I have lost All waypoints and all information saved on the MFD. Sonar chart data that I have recorded was not lost.
Is there any way of recovering my lost waypoints?

The unit was used on another boat without issue and only since the recent install on a different boat have I run into these issues.

A general opinion on the situation with any pointers on how to sort it out would be helpful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Gs165 Issues - Drifter2 - 02-19-19 06:10 PM
RE: [CA11] Gs165 Issues - Drifter2 - 06-04-19, 11:38 PM