Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] upgrading Raymarine system
03-11-19, 08:57 AM
RE: [CA11] upgrading Raymarine system
skidston,

Additional diagram notes:
The diagram includes a "50m" reference above the MFD. Please note that the maximum transducer + extension cable length for RV transducers is 16m. Should the MFD and RV transducer need to be separated by a longer distance, then it would be recommended that an Axiom Pro S MFD and a RVX1000 3D CHIRP Sonar Module be purchased instead of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD. The RVX1000 may be located within 16m of the RV transducer and then RVX1000 may be interfaced to the MFD by an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable(s).

Q1. I made several changes including only 2 terminals.
A1. The diagrammed changes to the backbone appear to be good.

Q2. Moved GPS to connect to FD and removed the converter and replaced with Ts
A2. Noted.

Q3. Based on changes above and this comment these are now daisy chained.
A3. Noted.

Q4. I added 12vdc power and will use the existing switch with power relay
A4. No SeaTalkng Power Cable is shown within your diagram.

Q5. The Shakespeare 5396-AIS Galaxy Little Giant AIS/VHF Antenna is already mounted at the top of the mast with LMR400 Ultraflex coax. I know I may not get some lower VHF channels. Any other problems?
A5. VSWR failures may be reported by the AIS700 to the system. Recommend changing the VHF antenna.

Q6. I believe each device comes with the version of the noted cables that I can connect to the back bone.
A6. For planning purposes, the i70S and p70S are supplied with a 400mm (15.7in) SeaTalkng® Spur Cable (A06038).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] upgrading Raymarine system - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-11-19 08:57 AM