The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Multiple Axiom 9 MFD's, Neither Can Connect To Quantum WiFi Radar Q24W
03-07-19, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-19 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Multiple Axiom 9 MFD's, Neither Can Connect To Quantum WiFi Radar Q24W
Good morning,

I purchased a Quantum Wifi Radar (Q24W) from the Raymarine/FLIR online store.

It arrived last week and I tried to install it last night.

The hardware all went in relatively easily, no issues, and, I wired it directly to a 12v power source.

The problem I'm having is that it won't connect to either one of my Axiom 9 MFD's. However, I can pair it to my iPhone. I've tried just about everything. I'm a little frustrated/confused.

Both my MFD's have the latest Lighthouse release (v3.8.105)

I can see the Radar's WiFi SSID on the Axiom MFD WiFi list, and, from there I can also connect to it (although it obviously says no Internet connectivity)

I just can't seem to get it to connect via the standard Quantum Pairing instructions.

Note: Everything I tried was sitting at my console, about 4 feet from the radar unit itself. The radome is mounted on my fiberglass t-top about 4 feet from the MFD's. It is a small 25 foot center console. I don't believe interference with hull materials would be a factor in my install given the close proximity of the MFD's to the radar, and, the materials that are between the components.

Can I try changing/adjusting the Wifi settings on the MFD itself (like the wifi channel)?

I tried several things like trying to connect to either MFD, both powered on, each one individually with the other one powered off, etc etc..

I even downloaded the RayMarine RayView app and was able to stream my display to my iPhone as suggested in one of the forum posts here. I power cycled the radome and factory reset my MFD's numerous times, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Multiple Axiom 9 MFD's, Neither Can Connect To Quantum WiFi Radar Q24W - geekedupfl - 03-07-19 08:52 AM