The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACU 100/EV1 Autopilot Deviation
05-09-16, 05:27 PM
ACU 100/EV1 Autopilot Deviation
Hi,

As I have read from the Installation & Operation Manual, and also here in this Forum, the maximum deviation recommended for the EV1 is 15°.
After almost 6 months of sailing since it was installed, mine is showing 14°, which should be OK, but I am concerned that it is too close to the recommended limit. For my location, the stated deviation should be 8° (True North vs Magnetic North).

Q: In order to get a lower deviation reading, should I move the Sensor Core to another location, or should it be enough if I turn it a few degrees, using the pointing arrow as reference? I believe that the Sensor is now reasonably aligned with the boat's centreline (longitudinal axis) but, as it is mounted parallel to the centreline, it is rather difficult to determine if it is well aligned.

Q: Is it possible to determine the direction of the deviation (E or W) due to a possible misalignement of the instrument?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ACU 100/EV1 Autopilot Deviation - ferssini - 05-09-16 05:27 PM