The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST1 to STng to NMEA2000
04-18-19, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-19 08:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST1 to STng to NMEA2000
I am starting with a suite of Seatalk 1 ST60 instruments that will be connected and communicating with a Garmin 942xs chartplotter which is in turn connected to a Standard Horizon GX6000 VHF via NMEA 2000. So far I have the 5 way STng block installed and a NMEA2000 backbone.

The NMEA2000 starts at the VHF with two Ts, the second of which is the power source. A 10 meter backbone cable connects to the other two Ts with one end being the input, and the chartplotter is connected one T and the other T had a RM Devicenet cable attached but the system was not working, therefore that T is now empty.

The STng 5 way is mounted below the NMEA2000 Ts and has the ST1 wire in the yellow port, and power in the left white port. On instruction from a RM tech, the ST1 wire is connected to the ST6002 Course Computer Seatalk output with the red wire clipped and not connected.

The same RM tech told me to connect the blue port on the STng to the NMEA2000 T and maybe not use the Devicenet wire. He said it was omething about too many Terminators. As in the photo, if it goes through, I have already plugged the extra white port and pulled the right side blue Terminator.

A cord that will connect Blue to NMEA2000 male is on the way from West Marine but I am hoping to confirm that this is all correct. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] ST1 to STng to NMEA2000 - Dfloeter - 04-18-19 03:50 PM