The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AXIOM MFD loses Quantum radome irregularly
04-24-19, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 07:11 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] AXIOM MFD loses Quantum radome irregularly
I installed the following system in my boat and tested now for first 2 days:

Quantum Q24D Doppler 18" radome connected via a cable to HS5 RayNet network switch and from there by RayNet cable 2 m to AXIOM 12 RV 12" MFD. In addition, a RV-100 RealVision 3D is connected to the MFD directly and RMK-10 MFD remote control via the HS5.

Everything works otherwise perfectly, but the radar gets lost irregularly so that when one starts the system by the touchswitch of the MFD, the message is first "connecting to radar" and then "no radar found". The weird thing is sometimes, when starting the system everything works perfectly till shutting off the system after the trip: when turning the system on the radar is first on standby and then one presses "transmit" => and it works normally).

I have tried to find a power problem (bad connection or so), but there are none. I have not yet measured from the radar end of the power cable, however.

Is this for sure a power problem or can there be other possible reasons?

best regards,
mika pohjonen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] AXIOM MFD loses Quantum radome irregularly - Mika - 04-24-19 03:07 AM