Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] X-5 Autopilot i60 Wind Instrument
04-30-19, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 09:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] X-5 Autopilot i60 Wind Instrument
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

Q1. I then reconnect the red wire to the course computer and the ST6002 was operational.
A1. When using a compatible autopilot control head lacking a SeaTalkng communications interface (ex. ST6xxx, ST7xxx, ST8xxx) with an X5 autopilot course computer, the autopilot course computer will power the autopilot control head via it's SeaTalk port. Accordingly, all three leads of the SeaTalk cable must be connected to the corresponding SeaTalk terminals of the autopilot course computer.

Q2. The problem is the ST6002 does not recognize any data from the i60.
A2. As SPX autopilot course computers are not designed to bridge wind data from SeaTalkng to SeaTalk, wind data will not be visible on the ST6002 when the i60 Wind instrument has been interfaced to the system via SeaTalkng communications. However, this condition should not prevent the autopilot from being commanded into Wind Vand mode. If unable to command the autopilot into Wind Vane mode, then the likely cause of this issue is that the software within the X5 autopilot course computer may be an early version. Accordingly there would appear to be two options:
- send the autopilot course computer to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be have its software updated.
- as the communications socket of the i60 wind instrument is designed to support either SeaTalkng communications or SeaTalk communications (but not both simultaneously), disconnect the i60 Wind instrument from the SeaTalkng backbone and instead interface it to the remaining SeaTalk port of the ST6002 autopilot control head via an A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng to SeaTalk Adapter Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] X-5 Autopilot i60 Wind Instrument - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-30-19 03:56 PM