The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade E120 questions
05-06-19, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 03:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrade E120 questions
Current equipment is as follows:

Pilothouse:
E120 classic mfd
Raymarine 24” 4kW radomes radar
Raymarine ST60+ depth (connected via Seatalk)
Raymarine ST60 rudder indicator (connected via Seatalk)
Raymarine Cam50 (connected via BNC)
Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot (connected via Seatalk)
Raymarine 400G autopilot computer (I think connected via Seatalk)
Raymarine 125 GPS (connected via Seatalk)
Airmar PB150 weather station (connected to NMEA183 multiplexer)
Icom AIS class B MA-500TR transponder (connected to NMEA183 multiplexer)
Actisense nmea183 multiplexer (connected to E120 NMEA183 input)
YDWG-02 NMEA2000 WiFi gateway (connected to E120 STng)

Flybridge:
E80 classic mfd (connected to E120 via SThs)

I’ve read the following post (http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2965)
on upgrading the E120 so I think I have a basic understanding but still not 100% clear. Everything is working albeit at an outdated resolution and processing speed, hence my desire to upgrade the mfd.

If I understand what I’ve read i’ll Be able to utilize all my existing Seatalk devices. All non-autopilot devices will be daisy chained together and connected to the new mfd via Seatalk to SeaTalkng converter. A separate Seatalk bus will be created for the autopilot Seatalk devices and connect to the new mfd via a Seatalk to SeaTalkng converter. Is my understanding correct?

The nmea183 multiplexer in/out will connect to the new mfd NMEA183?

I’m considering either the gS series or Axiom Pro mfd. I’ll need to update my Analog radar since it will not work with the new mfd. if I go with an axiom I can go with a radome quantum (or 2) and connect via WiFi while with the gS series I’ll need a digital radome or HD color which will require running a new cable up my mast. The radome has the advantage of a 48 mile range versus only 24 miles for the quantum. Is my understanding correct?

I’m thinking of not replacing the E80 on the flybridge but instead stream everything from the new mfd via WiFi to an IPad Pro. Either gS or axiom Pro will be able to do this?

Thanks, appreciate your feedback.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrade E120 questions - Wdeertz - 05-06-19 10:53 AM