Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Estimated fuel level and distance to empty at zero
05-13-19, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-19 12:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Estimated fuel level and distance to empty at zero
Hello JeepSWAG,

Here in Australia I've seen very similar things when engines or engine gateways have been outputting engine data that we're not expecting. For example, I've seen Estimated Fuel empty very quickly when the NMEA2000 messages:

- Engine Parameters Dynamic (127489) has contained very large fuel-flow values just for a few messages just on engine-start
- Trip Parameters Engine (127497) has contained Trip Fuel Used which is not reset by the engine on each trip and instead continually counts up

Either of these cause our display to think that more fuel has been removed from the tank than is actually the case.

There are lots of ways to try to approach this problem but in my experience by far the most effective and efficient is to record some of the raw NMEA2000 data through few engine start-stop cycles and a few minutes of running. Ideally you'd do 'All Tanks Full' in the MFD beforehand so that you can see whether the Estimated Fuel is going down unexpectedly whilst you're doing the recording. Of course if the fuel levels look normal then the log isn't going to tell us anything and you need to keep recording.

If you can follow the instructions at http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=6849 and post a log-file back here, I would be happy to read the raw data and see what's wrong.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Estimated fuel level and distance to empty at zero - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-13-19 01:23 AM