Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
07-24-19, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-19 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
Chuck,

IOk, system is installed and sort of working but with problems.

First, I did a comprehensive software update of all devices via micro SD card after all was connected and powered on. That was after the ITC-5 LED for Seatalkng was showing a slow continuous pulse at power on, which the owners manual interprets as “software download”. So I just did all devices to be sure which were all contained on the latest Axiom download on the Ray website. So everything is updated and the screen said each update was “successful” so I think we can eliminate software as the source of the problem.

ITC-5 is now showing all green steady LEDS. Except for rudder angle and compass which Are not installed. Those two LEDs blink. Not going to install either so is it normal for them to continue to blink or is there a way to shut them off?

The i70s recognizes the ITC-5 and the depth, speed and wind transducers. However only depth is showing on the i70s. Same for the Axiom7. Everything else on the Axiom 7 seems fine and it is sending GPS data to the Simrad VHF for DSC. Also AIS data from the VHF is showing on the i70s and Axiom. So data is moving on the network from start to end, as the VHF is the first item on the backbone and the Axiom is the last. Everything seems to be working with the p70 control head but I haven’t taken the boat out to do a real test of the AP yet. LEN balance is 11/15, total 25, which is as close as I could get to 50/50 given location issues.

The problem is the analog i50 depth, i50 speed, and i60 wind instruments. They are powered on but display no data at all. Each is connected to the backbone via individual spurs (not daisy chained) per your prior recommendation. The ITC-5 is showing steady green LEDs for depth, speed & wind so the problem seems to be upstream from the ITC-5.

-----

update to last post.

Just did a power on/off cycle. The i50 depth is now showing depth and LED on ITC-5 is steady. The i60 wind is showing wind direction and, for a minute or two, also showed wind speed. Then it stopped wind speed but is still showing direction. However, the ITC5 wind LED is now blinking rapid pulse. Previously it was steady but with no data on the i60. Also, the ITC-5 speed LED, previously steady, is blinking rapid pulse. Boat is in its slip so haven’t checked speed underway yet.

I should have mentioned in earlier post that before doing anything I double checked all of the Seatalkng connections, as well as all of the power connections. I just checked them again and they all seem fine, all inserted to proper depth with two “clicks” on the locking collar.

I’m out of ideas and the intermittent functioning of the analogue instruments is puzzling. As is the erratic blinking lights on the ITC5.

-----

Second update.

I switched the backbone connections on the ITC5 so that the direction or flow of data through the ITC5 changed - the old data “in” is now data “out” and vice versa.

Surprise, that gave me wind angle and speed on the i60 and everywhere else. Wind LED on ITC 5 is now steady. Depth LED on ITC5 also remains steady and depth data is showing everywhere on network. Progress.

However, speed/temp LED on ITC5 is still short pulse blinking. No temp data anywhere. And boat is on slip so no speed data.

Not sure if this additional info is helpful to you in diagnosing problem or not but figured I’d pass it along in case it is.

-----

Final update this evening.

Powered everything off for a couple hours. Turned everything back on and I have depth + wind direction and speed but only on the Axiom and i70s. The 3 analog instruments have power but aren’t displaying any information at all. Nada.

Suggestions?

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . . - Martin35 - 07-24-19 05:22 PM