Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
07-25-19, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 11:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
Martin,

Q1. Except for rudder angle and compass which Are not installed. Those two LEDs blink. Not going to install either so is it normal for them to continue to blink or is there a way to shut them off?
A1. This is normal, and there is no way to change this behavior.

Q2. LEN balance is 11/15, total 25, which is as close as I could get to 50/50 given location issues.
A2. Excellent

Q3. The problem is the analog i50 depth, i50 speed, and i60 wind instruments. They are powered on but display no data at all. Each is connected to the backbone via individual spurs (not daisy chained) per your prior recommendation.
A3. It appears that the system has intermittent communications within the backbone. At the time that this symptom is observed, the diagnostics of the MFD (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO) and/or i70S and/or p70S (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM) may be used to list the devices detected within the backbone. Should the i50 and i60 instruments not be listed, then it would indeed suggest a problem with the backbone communications between the iTC-5 and these instruments ... possibly a problem with the iTC-5 or one of the backbone networking components between it and the instruments. Also, have you configured these instruments to be data Repeaters rather than Data Masters ... see page the individual installation and operation guides for these instruments ... search for the key word "Master".

Q4. Each is connected to the backbone via individual spurs (not daisy chained) per your prior recommendation.
A4. Excellent

Q5. I’m out of ideas and the intermittent functioning of the analogue instruments is puzzling. As is the erratic blinking lights on the ITC5.
A5. It is recommended that the wind transducer be tested. Should the wind transducer test results be consistent with those specified within the referenced FAQ, and should the i60 Wind instrument be configured as a data Repeater, and should a SeaTalkng Termination Plug have been installed within the backbone sockets of the backbone's two end nodes, then it would be recommended the backbone cables be inspected for signs of damage. or modification. Each backbone cable's plug should be unseated, re-seated, and then the socket locking ring should be rotated into the locked position. Should the above items have been satisfied and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that you attach an updated diagram of the system to your next post. Should no fault be found within the submitted diagram, then it would be recommended that the iTC-5 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Q6. However, speed/temp LED on ITC5 is still short pulse blinking. No temp data anywhere. And boat is on slip so no speed data.
A6. This is normal for a sensor whose paddlewheel is not turning. Rotation of the transducer's paddlewheel will cause it to be solidly illuminated and permit calibration of the sensor.

Q7. The 3 analog instruments have power but aren’t displaying any information at all.
A7. Please see my earlier responses. Should these items have been addressed, then my earlier recommendation concerning testing/servicing the iTC-5 should be undertaken.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . . - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-25-19 12:01 PM